images look soft/blurry when viewing in Library but tack sharp in develop mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathAus

Hi,
This problem is driving me crazy and help would be appreciated. When viewed in LR3 Library mode, my image does not retain the same sharpness when last viewed in Develop mode. I have searched forums to troubleshoot this and seen that in order for the image to appear as sharp in Library as it does in Develop, then the previews need to be "rendered at 1:1"? What is more important to me however, the only info I could find suggests that when the image is exported it will be as sharp as viewed in the Develop mode, but this is not the case. When I export an image, it is definitely not as sharp when compared to the image sitting in Develop mode. Please help!

Hello Victoria,, sorry about my delay, I did what u said about reducing the -77 clarity, no difference, still the same issue. I am trying to get more detail for you, but it appears that as soon as I use the sharpening slide, I have problems.

but it appears that as soon as I use the sharpening slide, I have problems.

It might be interesting to know your sharpening settings in that case.

Was there any resolution to this? I'm having the SAME issue. Photo is PERFECT in the develop module but when I change to Library prior to export, both the Library image and exported image are blurry!!! Basically, when switching from Develop to Library (and eventually an export to JPG), it's missing some of the adjustments/metadata. PLEASE HELP! This picture would be perfect if I could get it to export correctly!! Thanks!

FYI: Using a Canon 60D (RAW).

Re The Blury Images

Was there any resolution to this? I'm having the SAME issue. Photo is PERFECT in the develop module but when I change to Library prior to export, both the Library image and exported image are blurry!!! Basically, when switching from Develop to Library (and eventually an export to JPG), it's missing some of the adjustments/metadata. PLEASE HELP! This picture would be perfect if I could get it to export correctly!! Thanks!

FYI: Using a Canon 60D (RAW).
No there was not, and I am still have same problem.
Not sure if you are able, but if you want, email me at [email protected]
or look me up on facebook kevin dickinson and maybe we can communicate more on this issue and any other issues.
Look forward to hearing from you
Kevin

I'd be interested to know if you guys still see this in LR4. The preview system in Develop has changed a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back