1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

I must have clicked something & now side panels overlap everything

Discussion in 'Lightroom Installation & Performance' started by Susan Taylor Brown, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Susan Taylor Brown

Susan Taylor Brown Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    I have no idea what I did but I sure hope someone can help me get things back the way they used to be. I have tried clicked the various options at the top left, fill, fit, and the various size ratios but I don't think it's that. I was working for a long time and my right hand was getting tired and I think I clicked something on the right hand side to do this.

Anyway, the left panel overlaps on the grid instead of the grid lining up with the right side of the left panel.
    And on the other side, the right panel overlaps too, which is a pain when working in develop mode.

I hope my confused description and the screen shots will help someone help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

library.jpg develop.jpg

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi Susan

The screenshots were perfect. Click in the black bar down the right hand edge and it should 'stick' again. You've just auto-hidden the panels. Alternatively, right-click in that right-bar and select whichever auto-hide/show option suits you best.

3. Susan Taylor Brown

Susan Taylor Brown Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Oh Victoria, thank you so much! I was going insane on a day I didn't need to go insane. (Been photographing the daily life of a hummingbird nesting in our yard. Eggs were due to hatch any day and then something got them last night so there will be no babies.) When this started happening it was the straw that broke me. Sheesh. Thank you again.

I have to say that this is one of the all-time best forums I have ever been involved in and I've been on a lot over the years. Everyone is so very helpful and kind. I hope I reach the point of knowledge that I can give something back rather than always been the one asking questions.
    Susan

4. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Aaaaaw, poor hummingbirds!

You're always welcome here Susan. It would be a very quiet forum without questions!