HTML-Gallery: Keep folder structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkenstain

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi everybody,

I would like to publish my fotos in a simple HTML-Gallery and keep my lightroom hierarchical folder structure. A folder can contain pictures and subfolders therefore lots of services like koken, wordpress,... don't work. With theese services an albumset (folder) may contain albums (subfolders) but no fotos.

If neccessary, I can publish my folder structure via ftp to any webserver (Thanks Jeff Friedl). But then?

Has anyone seen any solutions to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

F

No, nothing off the shelf. I have written something along those lines using PHP, but it was custom stuff.

John

I have written a one off plugin in wordpress which did this. If you are interested, let me know and I should be able to dig out the code and post it somewhere.
After a bit, I switched to using JAlbum using JF Folder publisher. JAlbum builds a really nice multi-level photo album website. I now longer have it public, but here is an example site from the software:
"Thailand 2010" by Laca Molnar

Tim

I have written a one off plugin in wordpress which did this. If you are interested, let me know and I should be able to dig out the code and post it somewhere.

I would appreciate this! Where does it hook in? Hopefully not in wordpress's mediacontainer, because it's flat: more than 1000 pictures are quite uncomfortable to deal with...

Some times ago, i used JAlbum, but with a very old version. Maybe i'll give it a try...

It won't pick up your folder structure automatically - I don't think - but TTG's Backlights allows nested albums. I'm not certain this is quite what you're going for, but it would be worth a look. Backlight – The Turning Gate

I would appreciate this! Where does it hook in? Hopefully not in wordpress's mediacontainer, because it's flat: more than 1000 pictures are quite uncomfortable to deal with...

Some times ago, i used JAlbum, but with a very old version. Maybe i'll give it a try...

No, the plugin walked a directory tree. Even had a command line PHP program to build thumbnails and indexes... (I was bored on a couple of weekends and wanted to role my own solution). I will check later this week after my schedule clears up a bit to find the code.

Well, it's solved. For those who want the same thing: JAlbum is a good solution. It does exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all replies.

F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back