1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new forum software!

The forum is now live again but we're still working on the upgrade. It's a massive upgrade, so we're considering this a beta release for the next few weeks. Please report any bugs and feature requests on this thread. Thank you for your patience!

Please update your profile and you're also welcome to upload an avatar so we can get to know you better.
    Dismiss Notice

How to delete a catalog?

Discussion in 'Lightroom General Discussion (ARCHIVE)' started by Robert T Higaki, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Robert T Higaki

Robert T Higaki Active Member

I created a new catalog by mistake. So, how do you get rid of it?

Bob- the slide shooter at heart

2. Kiwigeoff

Kiwigeoff Senior Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Lightroom Version:
    Bob, just find the catalog, by default it would be in My Pictures, I think, and send it to the trash. Don't forget the preview file as well if you created previews. There should be two files in one folder.

Have you tried the 1'.5 fisheye??

3. Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder Senior Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Bob, the catalog will be named some_catalog_name.lrcat. The preview cache should be right next door in a folder named some_catalog_name Previews.lrdata.

4. Robert T Higaki

Robert T Higaki Active Member

Thanks- Geoff and Brad( I did find the folder under pictures)

Geoff- no, I have not tried 1'.5 fisheye. I find that my 16mm have very limited uses- like the ice formations down in Antarctica.

Bob- the slide shooter at heart