1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

How to copy a collection from one catalog to another

Discussion in 'Workflow Discussion' started by mbmsv, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mbmsv

mbmsv New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Hi all,

Here's my problem. I had two different catalogs from which I published photos to the same SmugMug account. Then I decided that it wasn't convenient because when in one catalog collections published from another catalog show as empty. Syncing with SmugMug reveals the folders but not their content. So I decided that I would do Import from Catalog effectively combining two catalogs into one. That brought in all the photos with all the edits, but not their associations with published collections. So, I was wondering if there is a way to do this?

Thanks.

2. Gene McCullagh

Gene McCullagh Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Hi mbmsv!

Publish Services are a different beast than other collection types. At present I don't believe there is a way to combine them or import/export them. There is definitely room for improvement with Publish Services.

3. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi mbmsv, welcome to the forum!

There's a plug-in called LR/Voyager that can move Publish Services from one catalog to another, although I believe it does have some limitations. Might be worth a try if you can't use a single catalog. http://alloyphoto.com/plugins/lrvoyager/

4. Gene McCullagh

Gene McCullagh Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    That's great Victoria! I hadn't seen this plugin before. Looks like it answers mbmsv's question and it has a 10 day trial too.

5. mbmsv

mbmsv New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Thanks a lot! I will give it a try.