1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! How do i remove unwanted shadows in lightroom?

Discussion in 'Lightroom Troubleshooting (ARCHIVE)' started by pauleney, May 25, 2010.

1. pauleney

pauleney New Member

Hi,

A few of my photos have unwanted shadows around the face.. for example around the hair line or under chin and its not just shadows but look like red blotches too. Does anyone know what this is and how i can get rid of them?

2. Mark Sirota

Mark Sirota Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    Welcome to Lightroom Forums.

More information would be helpful, a screen shot would be great. Are these shadows like the ones under the chin from an on-camera flash?

What kind of camera? Raw or JPEG? I'm thinking the "red blotches" could be related to the color profile, or could be noise. Once we have a better understanding of the problem, I'm confident we can help you work through it.