1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Grayed out Velvet Fine Art option in Epson Printer Box

Discussion in 'Lightroom Troubleshooting (ARCHIVE)' started by maldo1, Feb 18, 2010.

1. maldo1

maldo1 New Member

I had switched my Velvet Fine Art paper profile to print on a Glossy paper but when I tried to switch back to Velvet Fine Art It was grayed out. I have not been able to switch it back on... anyone know how to resolve this?ThanksMaldo1

2. happycranker

happycranker Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Not sure which Epson model you have but due to using Glossy paper, the printer driver will have selected glossy black ink, if your printer has this type of ink and I guess that velvet fine art paper requires matt black ink. So this could be where the problem lies.

3. maldo1

maldo1 New Member

Hi Thanks for your insight! I'm using the Epson R18'' I tried what you had suggested and still the Velvet Fine Art option was grayed out. It's strange because I had been using it only the day before.

4. Denis Pagé

Denis Pagé Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    :icon_idea: Some papers can't be printed borderless and do not show or are grayed out when borderless is selected... ::)

5. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi mariaevita, if it's smudging it sounds like the printer driver is set to the wrong paper type and is laying down too much ink.