• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

External Hard Drive decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael8765

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I am currently using a Lacie 2Big Quadra external hard drive to store my Lightroom photos.

It's configured so that the two 2TB discs mirror each other.....it's getting old.

I'd like to have another similar storage drive to mirror this one by using two 4 TB discs.

How can I, using Lightroom, safely copy the data from my older drive to the new one so that they are mirroring each other as far as content goes.

Why would you want to use Lightroom for that? You can copy the photos using the Finder, or a clone utility. Lightroom wouldn't copy the images, but move them (unless you use 'Export').

[QUOTE="You can copy the photos using the Finder, or a clone utility.[/QUOTE]

Where might I find out exactly how to do that?

You can copy the photos using the Finder, or a clone utility.

Where might I find out exactly how to do that?

I'm sorry. Are you asking how to copy something from one disk to another on a Macintosh? Just drag it from the source disk to the target disk...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back