• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Exposure settings change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Edwards

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I am using LR4.1 RC2 with PS CS5 and having a problem. I make my adjustments to a dng file in LR and bring the file into CS5 (originally was a Canon raw file) for further work. Then when I save the file the new file is back in LR, but without any of the original adjustments. It doesn't matter if the file is saved as a photoshop file or jpeg. When first bringing the dng file from LR to PS there is no option box about how to bring it into PS, it opens directly into CS5.
If I bring a PS file from LR to CS5 then there is a option box for how to open it in CS5, but even it I choose to open with LR adjustments, the adjustments are gone when the completed file is saved back into LR.

Right now my work around is once the working file is back into LR is to copy the settings from the original dng file and paste them into the completed file.
Am I missing something here?
[h=3][/h]

There are lot's of ways to get a File that was DNG in LR into CS5. You need to be very specific on what steps, what options you use to bring up the file in PS. Also If you are working with a DNG in PS that was originally converted from RAW using LR's ACR (7.1) you need to have ACR 6.7 in CS5 to properly handle the LR DNG as a DNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back