Exporting Milky Way Edit To Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Willis

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi everyone, first time poster here!

I've been having an issue with exporting my Milky Way edit from Lightroom. When I try to export my image, to me, a beginner, it looks like the contrast of the dark patches of the Milky Way has been boosted a significant amount. I've attached a picture below for reference.

How My Image Looks After Export

This is what I see whenever I attempt to upload the image anywhere or view it in Windows Photo Viewer. However, when I open the image in the Windows 10 version of "Photos" I can view the image how it should be (or at least how it should be in .jpeg). Below is a link to Imgur to show what my image looks like in Lightroom (when I tried to upload it here the site told me it was too large)

How My Image Looks in Lightroom

My export settings can also be seen below:

export options.PNG

I have tried a few different options, which are listed below:
- Exporting in different formats (Tiff, Original, DNG)
- Exporting to Photoshop then exporting as a PNG
- Removing my brush tool edit (using the clarity brush if that helps)
- Starting over on a completely separate image

After all of my efforts, I am still unable to export my image and share it with friends/family :(

If anyone has any experience with this, I would love to hear from you and how you managed to fix your image!

Thanks in advance!

Josh.

Edit: The first picture I uploaded actually looked normal on this site. When I upload it on Dropbox, it looks like the image that is currently there.

Last edited:
On my iPad they look very much the same. The problem is that your picture is in sRGB (as it should be!), but when you view it in an app that is not color managed, that can still give small differences. Those differences will be bigger if you also use a non-calibrated monitor. There is little or nothing you can do about that, especially not to make the image look like you want on other people's systems, because you can't control their systems. On your own system you can do two things: calibrate your monitor and don't use non-color managed apps like Windows Photo Viewer to judge your colors.

i dont see that much of a difference. Is there a difference in Lightroom when you soft proof it with the srgb profile? It could well be that the problem is that other apps are not colour managed. Is your screen calibrated as well ?

Thanks for the replies guys! I narrowed it down to my monitor so I switched up some settings and it looks fine! Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back