Export to web...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maldonian

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello everyone, my first posting on the forum and I'd like to ask the following.
I used to manage my photos in 'Aperture', but migrated over to LR about a year ago. In Aperture, I could export a collection of shots to Aperture's server, and simply send the URL link (sometimes very long) to a friend. Is this possible in LR, or do I need my own website to host the shots?
Your advice is appreciated.
Regards,
Jon.

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum!

To do the same in Lightroom, you'd need a CC subscription. This includes access to Lightroom Web, where you can share collections of photos that you manage from Lightroom, and also gets you access to Lightroom mobile too.

Other options include hosting on your own website, using Publish Services to publish to servers such as Facebook or Flickr (among others), or exporting the photos to another web service like Dropbox.

Hi Victoria, and thank you for such a fast reply! I am currently a LR user who paid it all 'up front'. Am I not able to access Lightroom Web with this kind of membership? If so, I should have read the small print, as I wouldn't have done it that way.
J

That's right I'm afraid Jon, the perpetual (single payment) license doesn't get access to cloud services.

Oh, OK, thanks Vicky. I wonder if i could get my subscription changed...I'll contact them. Thank you.

Hello everyone, my first posting on the forum and I'd like to ask the following.
I used to manage my photos in 'Aperture', but migrated over to LR about a year ago. In Aperture, I could export a collection of shots to Aperture's server, and simply send the URL link (sometimes very long) to a friend. Is this possible in LR, or do I need my own website to host the shots?
Your advice is appreciated.
Regards,
Jon.
You can still post photos to iCloud (was there ever a dedicated Aperture cloud server?) To get your photos to an iCloud album, you will need to export derivatives locally where they can then be imported into iPhoto and from there into an iCloud album.

As with google photos there are a lot of photo sharing sites out there, and many are free (or have a free version), and many in turn have "plugins" that allow you to go straight to their web from lightroom. Flickr for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back