• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Export to a parent directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexM75

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi ,
Does any one have a trick to export files not in a sub-folder, but in the parent directory ?

I have try to add "../nameofthefolder" to the subfolder name, but of cours it didn't works.
Maybe some of you have a tricky way to do it ? A plugin ?

I can of course, after the export, move the floder by myself to the parent directory, but... each time it's quite .... boring. So I was wonder, if you have an idea ?

I don't understand the problem. Just don't specify a subfolder in the export settings...

Well sorry , I may don't have explain well .
I want the exported picturs to be in a different folder than the orignal, but, at the same hierachy level .

ex c:/pictures/myorignalfolder (with originals files) and c:/pictures/myexportfolder (with exported files)

but, I don't want to use all time the same destination folder, I want the export folder to be created, and change his place each time related to the place of the orignal folder ....

so if the orignal folder is in c:/picture/orignialfolder => the export folder will be there . c:/picture/exportfolder
But if the orignal folder is in c:/holidays/ or c:/summer/ , the export folder will be created to the good plage . c:/holidays/exportfolder or c:/summer/exportfolder

Aha, now you're making sense. I don't think you can do that. You can use 'Same folder as original folder' and then let the preset create a subfolder called 'exportfolder', but what you want is 'Parent folder of original folder' and Lightroom does not have that option.

The best you could do is create a preset that exports to a folder you select yourself when you invoke the preset, and then let the preset create that subfolder. That means that you have to select the parent folder yourself on export.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back