1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

'effects' missing in develop module - LR 3.3

Discussion in 'Lightroom Troubleshooting (ARCHIVE)' started by M.P. Seevinck, Apr 26, 2011.

1. M.P. Seevinck

M.P. Seevinck New Member

Hi all,

After migrating to a new MacBookPro the 'effects' option (vignette, grain) is missing from the develop module. I have reinstalled Lightroom 3, but to no effect. (using Lightroom 3.3 on a 2011, 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2 GHz Intel core i7)

On my old MacBookPro I can see the 'effects' option in the develop module, but not on the new one. How can this be? (same program: LR 3.3, same install disk, same license nr..........)

Should I do a complete reinstall, i.e. remove everything related to Lightroom?
    So far I have just again ran the installation program from the CD that I bought.

I have quite some external editors and plugins installed, so rather not have to reinstall everything. Also I want to keep my catalog.

Thanks, Michael

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi Michael, welcome to the forum!

Right click on one of the other panels such as Lens Corrections - make sure you click on the grey area just to the left of the panel name - and you'll get a context-sensitive menu where you can turn the Effects panel back on. You've just hidden it, easily done.

3. Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde Senior Member Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Should be no need to reinstall, you've probably just got the 'Effects' pane disabled. Right-click on any of the other pane headers and you should see a list of all the available panes in the right-hand panel....these can all be individually 'checked'. So I'm guessing that 'Effects' isn't checked, in which case simply click it and it should appear.

Get back to us if that's not the fix.

4. M.P. Seevinck

M.P. Seevinck New Member

Thanks, that was it, indeed!

Just after posting my thread I discovered it myself. I have no idea how it got disabled, but now the 'effects' pane is back.

Problem solved!