1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Edited PS file from LR4 unable to save

Discussion in 'Extending Lightroom' started by mbigalke, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mbigalke

mbigalke New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    From LR4 after editing photo in PS CS5 (with LR adjustments), I go to save and I get the following error: Could not save because write access was not granted. The file does show up in LR but without the PS edits. All software is current version. Files reside on a network drive, it works fine from local drive. Also works fine if I go back to LR3 version. Help....

Thanks, Mike

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You do not have the network server permissions correct. Are you trying to save from within PS? How does PS reference the file path? Is this different from how it is referenced in LR? Does the NAS drive have the same mount point in both LR and PS?

3. mbigalke

mbigalke New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    Yes, saving within PS. Network persmissions are no different than set-up in LR3 which does work. I've forwarded this onto my IT guy also. thanks.....