Deleting Custom Lens Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pknight

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello,

I have the Rokinon (Samyang) 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye lens for Canon. Until the latest LR update, there were no Adobe-supplied profiles for this lens. I therefore downloaded a custom Samyang profile with the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader.

I want to use the new Adobe profile going forward. However, after updating LR, when I select "Rokinon" as my lens make, it still selects the custom Samyang 8mm profile. (Keep in mind that this is a completely manual lens with no communication with the camera, so the make and model of the lens is not available in the files.) I assume that LR "learned" to select the Samyang profile based on my initial selection of this profile for my Rokinon lens. I have to manually change the profile to select the new Rokinon profile.

I am hoping that if I can delete the custom Samyang profile, LR will "learn" to load the Rokinon profile when I indicate that I have a Rokinon lens. What I can't seem to find is guidance on is the procedure for deleting a profile downloaded via the Lens Profile Downloader.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You don't have to delete anything. Select the new profile, then use 'Save as default' in the Setup menu that now says 'custom'.

Thanks. I now see that option, on the drop-down menu. This was knocking around in my memory, but I was not looking the the correct place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back