Delete Hard Drive Publish Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabriolet

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I made a big mistake when creating the publishing connection in my new Lightroom app. I didn't realize this was a forever connection and I gave it names specific to the collection I wanted to publish to my hard drive. I've found how I can edit the Publishing Service and change EVERYTHING but the export location folders. I would like to change the subfolder to something generic. (I read that it says the subfolder cannot be changed once the connection is created, but I thought the connection was refreshed each time you began a new Lightroom session.)

Is there any way to delete this publishing connection?

Lightroom-1.png

Welcome to the forum. You can delete this Publish Collection if you need to. If it contains a valid publish set you may want to keep it and add other collections to it that will point to sub folders. It probably consists of one collection labeled "at root" and all of your images are in the root folder.

You can create many Hard Drive Publish Services, each pointing to a different "root" folder. OR you can create a generic Hard Drive Publish service with a parent folder (the root) and sub folder collections as children on the "root" folder.
I use a plugin by Jeffrey Freidl that does much the same thing but has more bells and whistles. It is called "jf Collection Publisher" Each unique Hard Disk Publish Collections can have a different set of export parameters, but each collection inside a particular Publish service will share the export parameters. You can create Collection set (a folder of sub folders), Smart Collections and regular collections. Here are some examples from the "jf Collection Publisher". The root folder on the first one is one of my Public DropBox folders. Smart Collections automatically populate based upon image metadata and other characteristics but I still need to press the {Publish} Button.
LRScreen306.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you clee. I really appreciate the speedy and detailed response. I read about some plugins that do this within Lightroom, but was hesitant about using one. I will break into this later this evening when I have uninterrupted time to concentrate on it.

Great forum, btw. I'll be searching through other topics and listening in to learn more.

Thank you clee. I really appreciate the speedy and detailed response. I read about some plugins that do this within Lightroom, but was hesitant about using one. I will break into this later this evening when I have uninterrupted time to concentrate on it.

Great forum, btw. I'll be searching through other topics and listening in to learn more.

Cletus is one of the most valuable contributors to this forum.

Speaking only for myself, as a rank beginner with Lightroom, I found some value in reading threw old threads. I even downloaded some for future reference. A HUGELY GREAT resource is Virginia's book on Lightroom 6.

Phil

LOL Is Virginia a particularly popular name in the US? We don't really have many Virginia's here, but I'm often mistaken for a Virginia, so I guess it must be!

LOL Is Virginia a particularly popular name in the US? We don't really have many Virginia's here, but I'm often mistaken for a Virginia, so I guess it must be!
Yes, I guess it could be said to be a popular name here in the US. We have 2 states, Virginia and West Virginia, as well as a very old and fun folk dance called The Virginia Reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back