Corrupted lrcat file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto Bonilla

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
After a few hours editing pics (400 +/-), y close my PC. When I came back to work... :sad::sad::sad: the disaster (see attached file)...
The file don't let me copy neither move or repair it. My backup settings are set for backup weekly, so this time, I don't have a backup file :cry:.
Help me :surprised:, PLEASE!!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• corrupt lrcat.jpg
    corrupt lrcat.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 429
Oh dear Roberto, welcome to the forum and sorry it's a disaster that's brought you here.

Zip up your catalog - just the lrcat bit - and use www.wetransfer.com to send it to me at [email protected] and I'll forward it onto a contact at Adobe. If it's fixable, he'll be the guy to resurrect it.

Thank you in advance!!!

Thank you in advance!!! I already sent you my file!!!
I am praying for this!!!

Robert Bonilla

Oh dear Roberto, welcome to the forum and sorry it's a disaster that's brought you here.

Zip up your catalog - just the lrcat bit - and use www.wetransfer.com to send it to me at [email protected] and I'll forward it onto a contact at Adobe. If it's fixable, he'll be the guy to resurrect it.

It's a very tiny file of only 229KB - how many photos in this catalog Roberto? How big's your last backup?

Hi, Victoria, good morning!!!
I have about 350-400 edited photos. But my backups are set to weekly, so there is no backup for this catalog.
I'm unable to copy the file. Neither send you via WeTransfer. When WeTrasnfer get 30%, restart to 0% and so on...
I think that the file is located in a damage sector of the external hard drive.

It's a very tiny file of only 229KB - how many photos in this catalog Roberto? How big's your last backup?

It's not looking good here, sorry Roberto. I think you may have to start again on this one.

And this may also be a good time to change your backup strategy.
I backup up my catalog and photos daily to an external hard drive. I use the built in LR BU as a secondary "cheap insurance" backup.

Windows 10 comes with a backup utility that looks very much like Apple Time Machine and makes backups every hour by default. If you use it, you may be able to retrieve a non-corrupt copy of your catalog from that backup. If you don't use it, it may be a good idea to start...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back