1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Copying Collection Templates

Discussion in 'Lightroom General Discussion (ARCHIVE)' started by absolutealive, May 12, 2010.

1. absolutealive

absolutealive New Member

Does anyone know how to copy empty collection sets from one LR file to another.

I shoot weddings and I categorise my weddings according to event. i.e Bride Prep, Groom Prep, Ceremony etc.. on top of this I rate the images, so I have another Collection Set, and on top of this my clients get the rated images in order of events, so I have a Collection Set - Wedding Final.

So I have 2 Collection sets that are smart collections, and 1 which I drag to.

I create all these each time I do a wedding, but it would be nice to just copy and paste them or have them there each time I start a new wedding catalogue.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mark Sirota

Mark Sirota Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    Create a catalog with your Collection Sets and Smart Collections, but no pictures. That will be your "template catalog". For each wedding, rather than creating a new catalog, copy the template catalog.

3. absolutealive

absolutealive New Member

Mark

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping that maybe, we can have a "template" that would be used that I can open with i.e. Word and Excel like.

This is a great work around. thanks.

Cheers