1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer crash - need to reload Lightroom on new computer

Discussion in 'Lightroom General Discussion (ARCHIVE)' started by Orygoner, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Orygoner

Orygoner New Member

Can anyone help me with understanding how to solve my situation? Which is... My computer crashed and I now have a new one. I have the CD to reload LR 1.' (or 1.4?), but I purchased the upgrade to LR 2.' online. The download was via the internet from Adobe and I installed that file. So, I don't have a CD from which I can reload the upgrade on the new computer. My old computer is at the "Doctor's Office" where attempts are being made to retrieve whatever I have on my hard drive. I don't know if I have the file for the LR upgrade on that HD or if it's retrievable. So, if neither situation exists or is possible my question is... can I get another install file from Adobe to get me operational again in LR 2.'? If so, how to do it?

Thx very much for your help.

Randy

2. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You can download LR 2.4 from the adobe website, all you will need is the registration key.

3. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    And if you don't have a note of the registration key, log into your account on the Adobe website and it should be listed there.

4. Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    You may need both serial numbers, both the original 1.x, and the upgrade to 2.x. If you have both numbers handy, then you won't need to load the old 1.x at all if you don't want to.

5. PxlFxr

PxlFxr New Member

I also had a physical install CD for LR1, and a download of LR2. I have also needed to reinstall LR2, although not due to a hard drive crash. Since I registered my copy of LR1, when I logged on to my Adobe account, the serial number was automatically filled in for me. Re-downloading the install package went very smoothly. I did not have to install LR1 first, and the downloaded file contained LR2.4, so I didn't have to update. Good luck on the recovery!