Books and tutorials on LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerrB

Thanks a lot for the responses. I will (for others, who might be looking for this too) put all suggestions in a little list in the reply so they are only one click away.

Forum search keywords: tutorial, book, pdf, introduction, faq, manual, missing, guide, podcast, video.Related:Cheers,
Joerg

Moderator Note: I'm going to leave this thread open to posting, to allow additions to Joerg's list.

Discussion should follow up here: Books and Tutorials, discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another: Lightroom Workflow- The Digital Photographer's Guide by Tim Grey. This was written before version 2.

For the record: Yosemite is pronounced, " yo-sem-it-ee." That name does not rhyme with Marmite or Vegemite or does not look like them.:lol:

Bob- the slide shooter at heart

I sat in Barnes and Noble one day comparing books for about an hour and a half, and I liked both Lightroom2 Adventure and Lightroom 2 for Dummies best.

Lightroom 2 for Dummies has lots of really basic and useful info on file management....a must for beginners, especially if you are not used to using collections. It also has good advice on the develop module.

However, its total number of pages on develop module was a little low for my taste, so I ended up getting Lightroom2 Adventure.

One weird thing about Lightroom2 Adventure, it seemed really commercial at first. Funky adds and corporate sponsorships, etc., but the amount of information on using the develop module effecitively was unmatched by ANY of the other books. I liked the full-page/color examples too. I think the commercial aspect helps subsidize the high quality printing, photo examples in a reasonably priced package. It is a great book for learning LR.

I like the video tutorials and ebooks also, but, maybe because of my age, there is nothing like having a book open next to you while your computer is in front of you. Cycling back and forth through instructional screens and your own process can get old, and I liked reading the book in bed, at a friends vacation house, etc. Things I would not have done as comfortably with an electronic instruction manual.

Welcome to the forum Joop!! Nice blog.;);)
Take a moment to fill in your signature with relevant info, it really helps, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back