1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Book module question.

Discussion in 'Output Modules' started by vlascalza, Mar 19, 2012.

1. vlascalza

vlascalza New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    I have just created my first book and would like to show it to a friend who owns Lightroom. I do not want to send them a pdf. I want them to see the book through the preview in Lightroom. Is this possible?

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi vlascalza, welcome to the forum! Yes, if they're sat next to you (or they have Lightroom on their own computer) it would certainly be possible. Can you tell us a little more about what you've got in mind?

3. vlascalza

vlascalza New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Victoria,
    I would like to send my book file to a friend to at the least have her see it in her version of Lightroom. She would then be able to
    Critique it for me. It would be great if she could make edits for me like chosing different fonts, deleting pages,etc. How could I do this?

4. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Sorry for the delay in replying. You'd right click on the saved book in the Collections panel and choose 'Export this Collection as a Catalog'. You'll need to check the 'include previews' and if she needs to be able to edit the photos, you'd need to include the original photos too, so you might need to put it on a USB stick rather than emailing it.