1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Haze Removal - Is it possible in Lightroom?

Discussion in 'Lightroom General Discussion (ARCHIVE)' started by ksignorini, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ksignorini

ksignorini New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Is it possible to use Lightroom to remove haze from a very hazy image? (I don't have it with me or I would post it...imagine a coastline, taken from the ship, in bright sun behind the camera).

Warming helped a bit. Dropping blacks helped a bit. Does anyone have a "foolproof" regimine for fixing these types of photos?

2. johnbeardy

johnbeardy Senior Member Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Oct 8, 2007
    Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Not foolproof, but try reducing the blue saturation in the HSL panel. Increasing Clarity can sometimes help, either with the global one or using the brush to get some detail in mist.
  3. Sean McCormack

Sean McCormack Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Oct 7, 2007
    You could also try a graduated filter with boosted contrast and clarity.