1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Applying preset to all RAW?

Discussion in 'Managing your Photos & Video' started by GarfieldKlon, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GarfieldKlon

GarfieldKlon Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi

I've saved my settings while working on a RAW file as default. How can I apply this default setting to all other RAW files?

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    The easiest method is called Sync Settings. And it happens in the Library Module Grid View. LR employs the concept of Selected and Most Selected images. This is evidenced by slightly different shades of gray on all but the Most Selected image when a group of images are selected in the Grid View.
    The Develop settings of the Most Selected image are applied to the rest of the selected images. In the right pane, there is a button {Sync Settings} After having Selected a group of images in Grid, clicking on this button will allow you to shoose which adjustments from the Most Selected image will be applied to the remaining Selected images.

3. GarfieldKlon

GarfieldKlon Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Sorry, but I don't know exactly what to do. Select some RAW files in library grid-view (5-10 are enough?) and then press sync in the develop mode? That only syncs the settings to the selected RAW files before. I don't want to select hundreds of RAW files manually... I hope this is possible and I just missed something.

4. erro

erro Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You can display only raw-files by using the filter bar, Metadata and File type:

[​IMG]