• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beniaminomurgo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
[h=1]While running Adobe Photoshop CS6 all of the sudden I got an error when trying to crop an image…“Could not build the Crop preview because of a program error.” I have been cropping images for 5 months and never received this error before.[/h]
attachment.php

Attachments

• rdg.png
    rdg.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,224
Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest by starting to check space on the primary hard disk. Adobe builds previews on this disk, and if it is out of space or low, it may not be able to process.

Tim

[h=1]Follow the steps below to fix.[/h][h=1]Step 1[/h]Launch Adobe Photoshop CS6 and click on the Crop Tool on the left hand side.
attachment.php

[h=2]Step 2[/h]On the top left, reset the crop ratio in the drop down to “Original Ratio.” This somehow resets the crop tool.
attachment.php

You should now be able to crop again.
[h=2]Step 3[/h]You will probably want to then set it back to “Unconstrained.”
attachment.php

CS6 so far has been the buggiest version of Adobe Creative Suite to date. Especially if you are running on an ATI GPU.

If you are still experiencing the issue after you can try Photoshop Fix Toolbox https://www.fixtoolbox.com/photoshopfix.html

Attachments

• h.png
    h.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 489
  • uy.png
    uy.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 655
  • jj.png
    jj.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 571
Last edited by a moderator:
Status