adding information to loupe overlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaze

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hello,

I’m joining a forum the first time at all and I’m a beginner in using the possibilities of LR CC. My native language is german but I’m trying to do my best to articulate my issues in english.

Hope I post my question in the correct forum.

Tough I spent much time in googeling and studying forum articles I could’nt find a solution.

Is it possible to add an individual loupe info field.

I’d prefer to see the used focal length in /35mm.

Currently my Information 2 in loupe view is:

Camera + LensSettings

SonyRX100M4 + 8.8 (24-70mm, 1,8 – 2,8)=> takes much place and mixes focal lengths

General Information

1/250 sec. at f/4.0, ISO 200

Picture Size

5472 x 3648

It should look like this:

SonyRX100M4 + 24 mm(/35mm)

1/250 sec. at f/4.0, ISO 200

5472 x 3648

I tried to tweak it via TranslatedSettings.txt (I use LR in German) by adding a new line (….focalLength 35mm…) but it did’nt work. Guess because TranslatedSettings.txt only translates the original structure and I can’t add the necessary line in the basic structure.

Am I right and is there any solution/workaround???

Thanks for help

You can't add fields yourself, but I'm not sure what the problem is. Does <Camera + Lens Settings> not give you what you want? There is no '35mm equivalent' option, though.

Lightroom.jpg

..... certainly it’s not the biggest problem, but i’m using two cameras with different crop-factors and it would be more comfortable to see a compact compareable info in the loupe overlay at a glance.
The sony camera shows the original focal length wereas the lens info contains the 35mm equivalent-range. So the given 25,7mm is in reality the long end of the zoom => 70mm
The Olymus camera and lens show the original zoom-range without info about the 35mm equivalent.

As you can see in my screenshots, with both cameras the metadata of the pictures contains the corresponding 35mm equivalent. This was the starting point for my question.

So it seems, that i have to wait for a future version.
Thank you for your post and have a good day.

mmaze

Attachments

• Oly zoom1 Meta.PNG
    Oly zoom1 Meta.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Oly zoom1.PNG
    Oly zoom1.PNG
    270.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Oly zoom2 Meta.PNG
    Oly zoom2 Meta.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Oly zoom2.PNG