Add a feature to mark some replies as answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouieSherwin

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I don't know if the new forum software has this capability but it might useful to provide some method for the OP to declare the topic as complete or solved. Or as other Q and A format discussions often provide a way for the OP to mark one or more replies as have answered their question.

It doesn't by default. There may be a plug-in - add it to the feature request thread to remind me to look. That said, the Adobe forum has that capability and it's a nightmare trying to get people to mark threads as solved, so I'm not sure how well it would work.

I think that simply marking a thread as complete is less useful than if there is a way to tag one or more replies as having answered the question. This is especially true if those replies are then floated to the top of the discussion. In QandA discussions where this feature is available I find that it does tend to get used.

I coud be wrong but if it is not something already built into the forum software it may not be easy to implement in something like a plug-in. It does, however, seem worth putting in a feature request to the developers.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back