500px problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donard850

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
When trying to upload images to 500px from Lightroom 6.3 I am getting the following message:
An internal error has occurred: bad argument #1 to '?' (string expected, got no value)

I have deleted the plugin and reloaded it but still get the message. When I look at the plugin manager I note that it says "installed; may not work"

Grateful for any thoughts.

Hi Donard850, welcome back to the forum!

First port of call, update Lightroom, so 6.3 is quite old now and progress has been made since then. It's certainly possible that it's a LR bug.

If it's still happening then, you'll need to contact 500px and see if they know how to fix their plug-in.

I don't use 500px, but many plugins have a way to collect debug information in the plugin manager. I use Smugmug a lot, and I frequently find if I turn that on and then look at it when something happened, it will give me a clue. Not sure if 500px's has one or not, but you might try. My guess is they will want a debug log anyway.

Instead of uninstalling the plugin, try disabling it and then re-enabling it. I've had that error message in the past and disable/re-enable fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back