Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightroom watermarks not showing up each time.

Lightroom watermarks not showing up each time.

Ok I make a watermark in LR3 and went through all my selected images in the preview. Each one had the water mark. When I went to export them only about 1/2 had the watermark after export. There is no reason why some do and some don't that I can tell.

Any ideas?

Re: Lightroom watermarks not showing up each time.

Can anyone help with this? I'm having the same problem.
    ML
    Lightroom 5.0
    Computer: Toshiba Satellite laptop, 8GB ram, Intel i5 Processor
    Printer: Epson Artisan 700 and RX 500 / Camera: Canon 7D and assorted lenses

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    4gb - 8gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Have you tried Lr 3.2 RC? Which may have addressed some bugs.
    Not showing up how? In export, web, slideshow?

I believe there may be a remaining watermark bug, if you're using the Limit File Size JPG Export option. Hopefully this will be addressed when 3.2 goes to full release.
    ......brad s Win7x64 (HPE) / i7-920 / 6GB / 2.67 GHz / tons o'drives / Canon/Sigma gear

In my case, I can see the preview, but after export, the watermark is not there. I was doing a small jpeg for forum sharing, so that might be the problem. I'll test it with other file sizes/export options. I just exported to photobucket, but perhaps I need to Print to File or something like that?

I also tried to do the frame watermark function, but I couldn't get the frame to show up at all (and it seemed to only give me gray as a frame option). In the latter case, I might just be misunderstanding the function. I assumed it meant I could export with a decorative frame and copyright info on the frame rather than the "image" itself, but perhaps that needs to be applied in another program.
    ML
    Lightroom 5.0
    Computer: Toshiba Satellite laptop, 8GB ram, Intel i5 Processor
    Printer: Epson Artisan 700 and RX 500 / Camera: Canon 7D and assorted lenses

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Main OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

3.2 final is now available and should have fixed the watermark bug.
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Unfortunately, it has not been fixed on mine. I rarely had problems with the vanishing watermark before, but not it only works about 6'% of the time. If it won't work for some reason, nothing I have tried will resolve it. This seems to happen after changing to a different watermark.

Interestingly, I cannot edit a watermark and save the edited water mark. It gives me a new watermark template instead of actually editing the original.

I appear to have a similar problem. The watermarking worked perfectly for me until the update to 3.2, now it's not working at all. Hope there's a solution out there as when it works its great. Thanks Andrew

I had a bit more of play after checking some other forums. Looks like it works for some fonts and not others. So I got it working but not ideal as I quite liked my old signature.

I'm a week into my 3'-day trial and have had no success in getting a watermark to show up when I export photos. I've tried different fonts, different pictures, different colors...Everything!! It looks great on the preview in the Watermark Editor, but nothing's there when I export! I'm so incredibly frustrated!! I've spent hours trying to research this problem and haven't found a solution!! HELP! This is pretty much the deciding factor in whether to purchase or not...

Thanks!

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Main OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Hi Jenn, welcome to the forum!

That does sound frustrating. Probably a silly question, but are you definitely turning on the watermark in the export dialog? If that's not it, and it's rarely that simple, any chance of a screenshot of your export dialog, expanded so we can see more of it, and also your watermark dialog? Maybe we'll be able to spot something from there. Do you know how to do that?
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    More than 8gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Jenn,

There seems to be an issue with LR3.2 and Open Type Fonts in Watermarking, which Adobe is aware of (see this post in the U2U forum).

Now don't ask me which fonts are Open Type, and which ones do really work (True Type, Type 1, ...), and I also cannot reproduce the issue here. But I'd suggest you try some more different fonts and see if this resolves your issue.

Beat
    Beat Gossweiler

Canon 1Ds MkII | Canon 5D MkII | CANON EF 24-105mm F/4.0 L IS | CANON EF 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS | CANON EF 100mm F/2.8 Makro
    HP Color Laserjet CP3505X

Hi Beat!

I'm going to keep trying different fonts but I've even tried the generic "Simple Copyright Watermark" that's already loaded in there and I get nothing with that one either...

Hi Victoria!

Here's a few screenshots...

You can see in the one of the Watermark Editor that my watermark shows up on the preview just fine...

Hope you can point out some very simple mistake I'm making before I go crazy!!

Thanks!!

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Main OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

The simple copyright watermark might have been empty if you don't have metadata in the copying metadata field, so I'm still going with Beat's idea of the font.

Just try it with something really nasty like Arial or Comic Sans.
    Victoria

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    More than 8gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

You might want to give the options I attached a try, they work for me. If they do work, go from there and try some other.

Beat
    Beat Gossweiler

Canon 1Ds MkII | Canon 5D MkII | CANON EF 24-105mm F/4.0 L IS | CANON EF 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS | CANON EF 100mm F/2.8 Makro

Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Beat, I've tried using exactly the same settings as Jenn (Text, Font, Size, Location) and all other Export settings.....and the Watermark exports properly.

However, that was on a few jpegs....have just tried it on a DNG and a Tiff derivative of the same DNG and guess what? No Watermark! So then I used YOUR settings on the same DNG, and this time DO get the watermark.

First thoughts are that it is something weird going on between File Type and one or other of Jenn's particular settings. Quickly changed the Font in YOUR settings to Lucida Handwriting and that worked fine, so I guess it'll be either location or size or shadow coupled with the file type.

Got to go out now, maybe you'll get a chance to do a bit more experimentation....if not I'll maybe get some time later today.

BTW, question for Jenn....what file type are you working with?

EDIT: Same problem on a CR2. Bit more rapid testing, and I can finally get Jenn's watermark to appear top centre, shadowed, Lucida Handwriting font, but ONLY by reducing the size to 1'. 2' doesn't work, so the limit may be between 1' and 2'.
    However, Font is also a factor I think...as Beat's settings using size 2' is fine, but using Beat's settings with size 2' and Lucida is NOT.
    Jim

Laptop: Late 2013 MacBook Pro, 16gb Ram, 512gb SSD, 2 x External HDD
    Desktop: i7-930, 12gb RAM, 2 x SDD, 3 x Internal HDD, Win7 Pro 64bit
    Cameras: 5D MkIII, 7D, Panasonic DMC-FZ1000

Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

OK, well I've tried a variety of other fonts, both Open Type and True Type, and haven't yet encountered a problem other than with the Lucida font family.....there may be others of course, but someone else can test those!
    BTW, the cutoff size point for Lucida seems to be 11....go over that and the watermark isn't produced (on my PC that is!).

At the moment all I can say to Jenn is that if you want to use Lucida Handwriting, drop the proportional size down to 11.....but if you want to use the larger size, choose a different font type (Comic Sans MS maybe?).

Sorry I can't find a magic fix.
    Jim

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    More than 8gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Jim,

I've also played around with the fonts yesterday and couldn't come up with a logic behind the problems. I know of a guy in another forum where Arial did not work but when using something else than Arial did.

So the best of advice I can give is trial and error

Beat
    Beat Gossweiler

Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Yes, it's truly bizarre...there are many fonts which "work", and many which don't. Arial doesn't work, but Arial Narrow and Arial Black do. Go figure.

And there is no consistency either.....Lucida Handwriting works fine on jpegs, but Arial does not. Lucida works on Raw below size 11, but Arial does not.

What I have been able to check so far is that when you are creating a Watermark, if when typing the text for it enter a word followed by a space and watch the preview....for all the "problem" fonts I've encountered so far when you press the spacebar after entering a word the preview disappears. The outline box is still there when you move the cursor into the preview but the text has gone. Enter a letter after the space and the text returns, backspace to remove the space and the text returns....totally useless info, BUT it tends to indicate which fonts you will have trouble with on the watermarks, and which ones will be OK. Again, go figure.

Have attached a couple of screenshots to better indicate what I'm talking about. First shot after enetering the word Copywright, second shot after pressing the spacebar.

Do Adobe know there's a problem in this area, or do we need to file a bug report?
    Jim

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    4gb - 8gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Yes, they know.
    ......brad s Win7x64 (HPE) / i7-920 / 6GB / 2.67 GHz / tons o'drives / Canon/Sigma gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast