Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1099

Thread: LRB Portfolio: Website in a Gallery for Lightroom 2 & 3

Lightroom Guru
    Did you accidentally switch it off? Right click in the panel and make sure Color Palette is ticked.
    Sean McCormack | LRB Plugins - Plugins and Presets for Lightroom | Adobe Community Professional | Lightroom Blog

Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x
    Memory
    3gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    I have right clicked in the panel and nothing happens. I have closed off all of the other tabs still nothing.

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    Sorry, allow me to explain better - don't click in the panel - click on the grey area of the header.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lightroom.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	431
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Lightroom Guru
    Straight up, this is Lightroom, not a plugin thing.
    If nothing happens when you right click a panel header, you're doing something wrong. You should get a dialog listing Panels with a tick beside them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pan.jpg  
    Sean McCormack | LRB Plugins - Plugins and Presets for Lightroom | Adobe Community Professional | Lightroom Blog

Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x
    Memory
    8gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon
    File Format
    Raw+Jpeg

Love LRB Portfolio!

I do have a question for all of you smart people already using the contact form - When I try to send the form I get the following message displayed where the form was:

/home/content/briantombaugh/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/content/briantombaugh/dead.letter

I did check the test.php page and Safe Mode is set to off. Is this something I'm not setting right, or a server problem?

Thanks! www.briantombaugh.com

Added: I've currently turned the form off. My host site says that forms should work, and that the path that is being returned in the error message is the actual path of my site...
    Last edited by Brian Tombaugh; 7 Apr 2011 at 9:01 am.

Lightroom Guru
    Hi Brian,
    Honestly no idea. Usually there's nothing you can do to change how the server is acting. Did you enter the address correctly in the Contact section?

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    Memory
    8gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    ATI
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    Epson

update version without overwriting site content?

Sean, et al:

Greetings! Still greatly enjoying both Exhibition and Portfolio for my various sites. I have a question, I have forgotten how this issue works:

I am updating my site built with LRB Portfolio v2.51, and figure I may as well update to the current version of LRB. I have downloaded v2.7. If I drag it into the webengine folder, will it overwrite all the data associated with my site? i.e., will I have to start over? Is there a way to ensure that when one updates version, the site content remains intact?

Just asking because, once before I somehow overwrote the entire site and had to start from scratch...

Thanks much!
    Mark

Lightroom Guru
    Save your settings as a Template, and save out a Web Collection too.

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    Memory
    8gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    ATI
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    Epson
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean McCormack View Post
    Save your settings as a Template, and save out a Web Collection too.
    Ahh, perfect. Thanks Sean!

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x Snow Leopard
    LR Version
    hello.

has anybody found out how to get the "Menu Active Link Color" working yet?
    (I saw some unsolved posts about this a dozen pages ago).

the colours on my site are are mostly very light grey, and I need the active link colour to make the menu stand out a bit.

thanks, Eric.

Lightroom Guru
    Hi Eric,
    While I had corrected the LHVA order in general links, I've missed it in the menu container. It's fixed for 2.8, which has the new single gallery setting too.

If you want to edit lrbportfolio.css in the content folder of your exported gallery, it should look something like this in order:

#navcontainer a:link {
    font-weight: normal;
    font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, sans serif;
    color: #333333;
    font-variant: normal;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 13px;
    background-color: inherit;
    }
    #navcontainer a:visited {
    color: #1E1E1E;
    }
    #navcontainer a:hover {
    color: #CCCCCC;
    }

#navcontainer a:active {
    color:#959595;
    }

The 'color' bits will be different, and I've added :link to the first a. The stuff need to be in the a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active order for it to work correctly (i.e. LVHA).
    Last edited by Sean McCormack; 5 Jun 2011 at 10:49 pm.

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x Snow Leopard
    LR Version
    thanks for the quick reply, but I'd rather just let it upload from lightroom, that way I don't have to think twice about it when updating.

so is there a way how I can edit it in myself?, probably in:
    Adobe > Lightroom > Webgalleries > LRB_Portfolio.lrwebengine > lrbportfolio.css

I'm quite comfortable editing things in there, always keep the original backed up. I had/wanted to tweak some stuff anyway, because when using iFrame on the extra page, the nav menu that I have set below the body moves up about 25px compared to the rest of the pages.

++++++

oh, and while I'm at it:
    I'm looking for a way to separate the galleries from the rest (the iFrame page that I will use for a blog, the about and the contact page).
    right now I have 6 galleries that I use, and put in an empty 7th gallery named . : . as a spacer between the two, but preferably I'd have:

Galleries: gall-1 gall-2 gall-3 gall-4 gall-5 gall-6 Extras: Blog About Contact
    with the words "Galleries: and Extras:" in a different colour. maybe an idea for the next version of the software?
    Last edited by ericnl; 7 Jun 2011 at 4:58 pm.

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x Snow Leopard
    LR Version
    when I, as a test changed the CSS to your suggestion above and just manually changed some colour codes to see what would happen, I finally understood what my thinking mistake was:
    the ACTIVE LINK COLOR is the colour the link has when, and only when, you click it. as soon as you release the mouse button it changes to the default colour.
    what I wanted to achieve though, was that the link of the page I was on would be the active link colour, which is something else.

so I then just basically went into all the different HTML pages and put <font color="#00AAFF"> before and </font> after the corresponding link title at the bottom of the page under <ul id="navlist">.

so for any body else who visits this forum with the same question after this: open all the different HTML pages in a text editor and change the line there to something similar to this:

for the example page: gallery2.html
    Code:
    <div id="navcontainer">

<ul id="navlist">

<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery1.html">Gallery 1</a></li>
    <li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery2.html"><font color="#xxxxxx">Gallery 2</font></a></li>
    <li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery3.html">Gallery 3</a></li>
    <li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery4.html">Gallery 4</a></li>

<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="blank.html">Blank Page</a></li>
    <li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="about.html">About</a></li>
    <li id="active"><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="contact.html">Contact</a></li> 
    </ul>

</div>
    Last edited by ericnl; 7 Jun 2011 at 5:00 pm.

Lightroom Guru
    The internal CSS doesn't look quite like what's in my previous post, it's similar,but full of internal code. 2.8 will be out soon enough.

To make a bigger gap, edit the padding on the last gallery link. The 2nd one is the left padding.

e.g. <li><a style="padding: 0 30px 0px 10px;" href="gallery4.html">Gallery 4</a></li>

The colour on current page link is not something that's easy to edit because the menu is a single file that's included in each file on generation. Having it separate makes it maintainable. To have the padding automatically tied to whichever gallery is the last one would need a ridiculous amount of code.

The colour request is something that I'd need to see a lot of requests for because it needs a whole new section in the colour palette and load of lines of conditional coding to allow the choice in each link. It's not a lot of reward for a lot of work.

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x Snow Leopard
    LR Version
    cool thanks!

I'll take a look at the padding later today, but the site looks class already.

then yet another question: I just found out that on an iPad my design is too wide and that c-motion kind of really sucks on a touch based OS. and because I do like it on a regular computer, especially because it won't have scroll-bars, I was wondering if it was easy to built in a iOS detector? that way I would just upload a second version that has less width and no c-motion, and have them exist next to each other.

Lightroom Guru
    Anything like that will be in version 3 and a paid update, because there's substantial work involved rewriting sections and testing.

as for DIY, you can do that in CSS, just have conditional CSS for smaller screen sizes. Google it.

Also Lightroom doesn't have an inbuilt server, so it wouldn't even preview using your above code.
    Last edited by Sean McCormack; 7 Jun 2011 at 1:13 pm.

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x Snow Leopard
    LR Version
    I don't think anybody will have a problem with paying for a version 3 update

I eventually ended up making 3 versions of the website: a regular one, a mobile one (iphone, ipod, blackberry, android), and an iPad one.
    the c-motion scrolling somehow didn't work as well on the ipad as it does on the iphone, so I've made that one TWO finger scrollable
    the main difference between the main site and the mobile one is that I have less width on the mobile one, so it actually fits on the screen.

for the auto detect function I eventually put a small javascript on every html page, it works like a charm now!
    thanks for all your help...

http://ericelsewhere.com/

Code:
    <script language=javascript>

<!--
    if ((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/BlackBerry/i))) {
       location.replace("http://ericelsewhere.com/mobile/index.html");

}
    -->
    </script>

Lightroom Guru
    Yep, that'll do it

Nice work Eric on the website(s) and images.
    Apple System: Apple Mac Pro Quad 10.6.7, 8GB Ram
    Windows Vista 64 System: Intel Quad Core Q6700 Overclocked 3.33GHz, 8GB Ram, Gigabyte EX38-DS4 Motherboard
    Photo Gear: Canon T2i; Canon 50D; Comet Strobes

Experience
    Intermediate
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.5.x Leopard
    LR Version
    Hi Sean, I'm a recent purchaser of LRB Portfolio and really appreciate the effort you put into making a great product. Apologies if this question has been asked before, 52 pages of a forum posts is a bit too much to go through to assure a new question. :-)

Are there any other gallery template options available apart from the scrolling method that's the default? For example, I'd like to use some of the Lightroom templates with LRB, such as "Charcoal".

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast