Results 1,081 to 1,099 of 1099

Thread: LRB Portfolio: Website in a Gallery for Lightroom 2 & 3

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    LR Version
    Hi Sean,
    Firstly your plugin is amazing and you should be congratulated for a great product.
    I am half way through my site, and have encountered a problem. I wanted to modify the layout so I put my home page into dreamweaver and previewed in IE. It throws up a warning about activex controls and scripts , that will put off a lot of our customers , who either wont see the warning or will decide against allowing the scripts to run.
    Our home page is a gallery running the cmotion autoscroll, so my guess is that it is the cmotion that is the culprit?
    As a comparison this website I have run without problem http://www.nikoleramsay.com/ I guess that it is flash based.

Lightroom Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by razorack View Post
    Hi Sean,
    Firstly your plugin is amazing and you should be congratulated for a great product.
    I am half way through my site, and have encountered a problem. I wanted to modify the layout so I put my home page into dreamweaver and previewed in IE. It throws up a warning about activex controls and scripts , that will put off a lot of our customers , who either wont see the warning or will decide against allowing the scripts to run.
    Our home page is a gallery running the cmotion autoscroll, so my guess is that it is the cmotion that is the culprit?
    As a comparison this website I have run without problem http://www.nikoleramsay.com/ I guess that it is flash based.

As you're the first one to report an such an error, I think you're over estimating. There was an old error related to script debugging or some such, but that affected far more than my plugin. http://www.pixiq.com/article/just-in-time-debugger
    Sean McCormack | LRB Plugins - Plugins and Presets for Lightroom | Adobe Community Professional | Lightroom Blog

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    LR Version
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean McCormack View Post
    As you're the first one to report an such an error, I think you're over estimating. There was an old error related to script debugging or some such, but that affected far more than my plugin. http://www.pixiq.com/article/just-in-time-debugger

Thanks Sean
    Are you saying that there is no issue with IE? I hope you are right; I just didn't want to spend a lot more time developing the site, if there was going to be script warning popping up. Could this reflect my browser security setting perhaps?

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    LR Version
    Ok so now that I am proceeding with the site beyond the home page , I am wondering why I am unable to see the links to other pages? All I can see is a home page link and no others . This is despite the fact that I have ticked the "include" check boxes for the other pages.

Lightroom Guru
    Ok so now that I am proceeding with the site beyond the home page , I am wondering why I am unable to see the links to other pages? All I can see is a home page link and no others . This is despite the fact that I have ticked the "include" check boxes for the other pages.
    I'm walking out the door right now for a week. You're the first person to report any IE issue. Make sure you have the latest version from your download link especially if you have Lightroom 4. This completely changed how Live Update works and how the web gallery previews inside Lightroom.

Did you look to see if it matched the JIT issue? Also it'd be more useful to give the exact text of an error. Anyhow, out the door I go!
    Sean McCormack | LRB Plugins - Plugins and Presets for Lightroom | Adobe Community Professional | Lightroom Blog

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    LR Version
    I'm walking out the door right now for a week. You're the first person to report any IE issue. Make sure you have the latest version from your download link especially if you have Lightroom 4. This completely changed how Live Update works and how the web gallery previews inside Lightroom.

Did you look to see if it matched the JIT issue? Also it'd be more useful to give the exact text of an error. Anyhow, out the door I go!
    Hi Sean,
    Managed to solve the disappearing menu problem. It seemed to be related to the fact that I decided to try at some stage to see how the site worked in "single gallery " mode. Then, after changing back , I had only the single home menu item. It seemed to lock out any changes; It was only after starting a new template that the problem was solved.

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    LR Version
    Is there any way to adjust the format of the about page? I would like more space than I am being given and also slightly bigger text.

Lightroom Guru
    Is there any way to adjust the format of the about page? I would like more space than I am being given and also slightly bigger text.
    Page height is tied to image height and there are font controls in the Font and Body Settings section. Text will automatically include scrollbars if it becomes too long. You can also widen the text width area in Appearance.

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    LR Version
    Hi Sean, I couldn't get anywhere in LRB changing the global settings. The appearance of the about page was bugging me as it looked unbalances to my eyes. I have been able to make a few changes within Dreamweaver (having to relearn after forgetting most of which I learnt years ago) The changes look good. Is there a way for me to save this a s a template? As far as I can see, if I change the photos that go into my website, then the modified pages in dreamweaver cannot be applied within lightroom as a template. So my workflow will be: change image inputs within LR in Library> switch to web in LR apply template> export LRB portfolio files> manually copy and replace the modified about page into the new LRB files >save> put files onto remote server.
    Not a ridiculous amount of extra work but I am wondering if there is a way around it. I dont think LRB will allow the about link to reference a file outside of the LRB folder is this correct?

Lightroom Guru
    Hi Sean, I couldn't get anywhere in LRB changing the global settings. The appearance of the about page was bugging me as it looked unbalances to my eyes. I have been able to make a few changes within Dreamweaver (having to relearn after forgetting most of which I learnt years ago) The changes look good. Is there a way for me to save this a s a template? As far as I can see, if I change the photos that go into my website, then the modified pages in dreamweaver cannot be applied within lightroom as a template. So my workflow will be: change image inputs within LR in Library> switch to web in LR apply template> export LRB portfolio files> manually copy and replace the modified about page into the new LRB files >save> put files onto remote server.
    Not a ridiculous amount of extra work but I am wondering if there is a way around it. I dont think LRB will allow the about link to reference a file outside of the LRB folder is this correct?
    There's no way to save it as a template, because it doesn't contain the lua code required to make it work. You could compare the About file inside the LRB Portfolio and your dreamweaver version and try merge them. Remember that the CSS files maybe be different, so watch for clashes there.
    You can of course overwrite any file exported from Lightroom.

Experience
    Power User
    Main OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version
    Sean, please can you advice how I can download the update to LRB Portfolio. I am currently using V2.8 with LR4. I accidentally deleted the email with the download link. I did however legitimately purchase it.

I can't find any support or contact info on the LRB site. The email I would have paid via paypal with is kpnuts69@hotmail.com please resend the download link to this email if poss.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

Kirstin

Lightroom Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kirstin View Post
    Sean, please can you advice how I can download the update to LRB Portfolio. I am currently using V2.8 with LR4. I accidentally deleted the email with the download link. I did however legitimately purchase it.

I can't find any support or contact info on the LRB site. The email I would have paid via paypal with is kpnuts69@hotmail.com please resend the download link to this email if poss.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

Kirstin
    Forwarded

Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version
    Forwarded
    Hi Sean,

I love LRB Portfolio. I have recently upgraded to LR4 and have duely updated to LRB2.9. I have been updating my galleries and noticed that when I enable 'use Cmotion to scroll' I get a grey indentation on the right hand side of my gallery display that cuts off about 1/3 of the images scrolling in from the right? It goes away if I disable Cmotion and go with a scroll bar - but I really like the Cmotion feature. Please can you help?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Lightroom Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by suecliff View Post
    Hi Sean,

I love LRB Portfolio. I have recently upgraded to LR4 and have duely updated to LRB2.9. I have been updating my galleries and noticed that when I enable 'use Cmotion to scroll' I get a grey indentation on the right hand side of my gallery display that cuts off about 1/3 of the images scrolling in from the right? It goes away if I disable Cmotion and go with a scroll bar - but I really like the Cmotion feature. Please can you help?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Without seeing a screen cap, I'm guessing your Cmotion width isn't wide enough for your screen width.

Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Mac 10.6.x Snow Leopard
    LR Version
    Just starting with v2.9 LR4, I notice that the menu items highlight when chosen but do not return to previos level when another menu item is chosen. Also the "current menu color" is not showing up with a current gallery. Is Dynamic sizing fo the website window possible? If one is on a smaller screen the scroll bar dosn't show on the bottom unless the person uses the side scroll to reveal the bottom, then the top goes off screen. The problem is when some looks at the website for the first time they may not figure out that there is a scroll bar at the bottom to view the gallery.

Hi, I'm trying to update from LRB Portfolio 2.8 to 2.9 by using the link I got when I first downloaded LRB Portfolio but I get the message "Invalid link...". Can you please advice me on how to download version 2.9? My e-mail, if needed, is: arlemo ( a ) hotmail . com I look forward to your reply. Thank you and best regards. /Tomas

Lightroom Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlemo View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to update from LRB Portfolio 2.8 to 2.9 by using the link I got when I first downloaded LRB Portfolio but I get the message "Invalid link...". Can you please advice me on how to download version 2.9? My e-mail, if needed, is: arlemo ( a ) hotmail . com I look forward to your reply. Thank you and best regards. /Tomas

As per my blog and twitter feeds, all the LRB Web products are now on http://Photographers-Toolbox.com. Instructions for existing users are in the FAQ there.

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    LR Version
    Hi Sean,
    Is Dynamic image sizing for the website window possible?

Lightroom Guru
    Not for Portfolio.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455