Thread: Computer crash - need to reload Lightroom on new computer

Computer crash - need to reload Lightroom on new computer

Can anyone help me with understanding how to solve my situation? Which is... My computer crashed and I now have a new one. I have the CD to reload LR 1.' (or 1.4?), but I purchased the upgrade to LR 2.' online. The download was via the internet from Adobe and I installed that file. So, I don't have a CD from which I can reload the upgrade on the new computer. My old computer is at the "Doctor's Office" where attempts are being made to retrieve whatever I have on my hard drive. I don't know if I have the file for the LR upgrade on that HD or if it's retrievable. So, if neither situation exists or is possible my question is... can I get another install file from Adobe to get me operational again in LR 2.'? If so, how to do it?

Thx very much for your help.

Randy

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16GB
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    AMD
    LR Version
    Camera
    Fuji
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    Offsite Photo Lab

Re: Computer crash - need to reload Lightroom on new computer

You can download LR 2.4 from the adobe website, all you will need is the registration key.
    Nik Player- Blog

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None

And if you don't have a note of the registration key, log into your account on the Adobe website and it should be listed there.
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Intermediate
    Primary OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    4gb - 8gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    ATI
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    HP

You may need both serial numbers, both the original 1.x, and the upgrade to 2.x. If you have both numbers handy, then you won't need to load the old 1.x at all if you don't want to.
    ......brad s Win7x64 (HPE) / i7-920 / 6GB / 2.67 GHz / tons o'drives / Canon/Sigma gear

Primary OS
    Mac 10.5.x
    Memory
    3gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version

I also had a physical install CD for LR1, and a download of LR2. I have also needed to reinstall LR2, although not due to a hard drive crash. Since I registered my copy of LR1, when I logged on to my Adobe account, the serial number was automatically filled in for me. Re-downloading the install package went very smoothly. I did not have to install LR1 first, and the downloaded file contained LR2.4, so I didn't have to update. Good luck on the recovery!
    Sue