Thread: Title and Caption not included in the metadata of the jpg file when exporting

Experience
    Beginner
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version

Title and Caption not included in the metadata of the jpg file when exporting

Hi,
    Background: I am currently creating a web page with a portfolio automatically detecting images in a folder, adding them to the portfolio and automatically showing the image title and caption based on the metadata of the image file.

Question: As far as I can see, the title and caption for the images in Lightroom are not included in the metadata when exporting . The "minimise embedded metadata" is not ticked in the export dialog. Is there a setting in Lightroom determining what metadata is included in the exported files?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--
    LG

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon
    File Format
    Raw
    Welcome to Lightroom Forums.

Are you really using version 3.2, as your profile says? Are you using Export here, not the Web module? Might you be using Limit File Size on export?

There were bugs regarding metadata on export with Limit File Size which were fixed in later releases. I would recommend the free upgrade to 3.6 and see whether it still happens, and/or try without Limit File Size.

Experience
    Beginner
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version
    Thanks Mark,

sorry it is Lightroom 3.5, I will change that in my profile..
    I am using export to hard drive and the "limit file size to" is not ticked.
    I will do as you suggest and try an update.

Are all the metadata normally included into the jpg-file when "minimise embedded metadata" is not ticked?

--
    LG

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon
    File Format
    Raw
    That depends exactly what you mean by "all", but certainly Title and Caption should be.

You can inspect the metadata that's actually in the file using a metadata browser; here's a great one online from Jeffrey Friedl.

Experience
    Beginner
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version
    Thanks for your quick replies, it is much apprechiated!
    I just tried the link you posted, and there the Title and Caption is shown. I guess there is something with the php function reading the metadata, that is not reading all the data. Thanks a lot, I now know that it is not Lightroom which excludes metadata, but the php code.

Thanks again!

--
    LG