Memory
    6 Gigs of ram
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw

Exposure settings change

I am using LR4.1 RC2 with PS CS5 and having a problem. I make my adjustments to a dng file in LR and bring the file into CS5 (originally was a Canon raw file) for further work. Then when I save the file the new file is back in LR, but without any of the original adjustments. It doesn't matter if the file is saved as a photoshop file or jpeg. When first bringing the dng file from LR to PS there is no option box about how to bring it into PS, it opens directly into CS5.
    If I bring a PS file from LR to CS5 then there is a option box for how to open it in CS5, but even it I choose to open with LR adjustments, the adjustments are gone when the completed file is saved back into LR.

Right now my work around is once the working file is back into LR is to copy the settings from the original dng file and paste them into the completed file.
    Am I missing something here?

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Power User
    Main OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon D800E/D810
    File Format
    Raw
    There are lot's of ways to get a File that was DNG in LR into CS5. You need to be very specific on what steps, what options you use to bring up the file in PS. Also If you are working with a DNG in PS that was originally converted from RAW using LR's ACR (7.1) you need to have ACR 6.7 in CS5 to properly handle the LR DNG as a DNG.