Thread: LR changes not exporting to PS

Experience
    Beginner
    Primary OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    LR Version

LR changes not exporting to PS

When I make changes (edits) with the sliders in the Develop module of LR4 and then export to PS5, the changes do not show up in PS. It shows up in PS as the original, unedited raw file. What am I doing wrong?
    Thank yo.

Kim Nicholas

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    Hi Kim, it's because you don't have a matching ACR version. The ACR 6.7 update would get you pretty close http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...dobe-labs.html or press Render using Lightroom to make LR render the TIFF/PSD with your settings applied and pass that to PS instead.
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Bampton View Post
    Hi Kim, it's because you don't have a matching ACR version. The ACR 6.7 update would get you pretty close http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...dobe-labs.html or press Render using Lightroom to make LR render the TIFF/PSD with your settings applied and pass that to PS instead.
    I have the same issue, but only with CR2 (Canon G11) Raw files in Lightroom 4. Nikon files work fine. I have ACR 6.7. There is no dialog that gives me the choice to render using the LR engine when sending to CS5. (I used to get that choice when LR detected a mismatch in ACR engines, but no longer)

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    If you open a G11 file directly into ACR (i.e. through Photoshop, not Lightroom), will it open correctly? Which ACR version is listed at the top of the ACR dialog?
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Experience
    Beginner
    Primary OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    LR Version
    I installed ACR 6.7 and the export to PS is better but not exactly as I modified in LR. It will still export the ACR hanged photos to PS as a smart object. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kim Nicholas

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    LR Version
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Bampton View Post
    If you open a G11 file directly into ACR (i.e. through Photoshop, not Lightroom), will it open correctly? Which ACR version is listed at the top of the ACR dialog?
    Yes, it opens normally in CS5 (Camera Raw 6.7 Beta)

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    Once ACR 7 is fully released with CS6, then LR 4.1 will match properly. We're in that awkward period when things aren't completely in sync.
    Victoria

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    Memory
    12GB
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    ATI
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    Epson
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeemer View Post
    I have the same issue, but only with CR2 (Canon G11) Raw files in Lightroom 4. Nikon files work fine. I have ACR 6.7. There is no dialog that gives me the choice to render using the LR engine when sending to CS5. (I used to get that choice when LR detected a mismatch in ACR engines, but no longer)
    In Preferences click on "Reset all Warning Dialogs" That should bring back the render using Lightroom option.
    Alan