Thread: L4.1 not opening PSD from cs6

Experience
    Advanced
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    LR Version

L4.1 not opening PSD from cs6

Hi,

I worked on some photos on PS CS6 and saved my files as a psds. However, when I try to open the files in L4.1 I get an error message"Lightroom has encounter problems reading this photo" and will not display them. Anyone having any issues. I've been using cs6 and L4 for a few weeks with no issues, this is a first.

Experience
    Intermediate
    Main OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    4gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Olympus E-300 + OMD E-M1 and Panasonic G3
    File Format
    Raw
    Lightroom does not work with files with Layers so if the files has layers I understand you have to save with max capability. (I am not a PS CS user so someone else could explain what you need to do in Photoshop).
    Denis: Eqp: Canon IKJ Pro9000Mk2; DiMAGE ScanElite 5400; Macbk Pro OSX 10.10.1. Ram 8 GB.
    Add-CameraEqp: m4/3 12-40mm Pro, 14-42mm & 45-150mm; Zuiko DG 9-18mm, 35mm, 70-300mm; Zuiko OM f1.4 50mm, f4 35-70mm & f4 200mm; Flash FL-50.
    Image SftW: LR 5.6; PS CS6; PSE 6; QimageU; AfterShot-Pro; Capture1-Exp7; SilkyPix 4. GTMB i1 Display2.

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Main OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Other OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis de Gannes View Post
    I am not a PS CS user so someone else could explain what you need to do in Photoshop.
    You’ll find Photoshop’s Preferences under the Edit menu (Windows) / Photoshop menu (Mac), and in the File Handling > File Compatibility section, there’s an option to ‘Maximize Compatibility’ with other programs by embedding a composite preview in the file. The preference only applies to PSD and PSB format files, as other formats such as TIFF embed the composite by default.

Also, if that's set to 'Ask', then you'll be asked when you save a file with layers.
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook