Thread: LR3 doesn't edit in HDR EFEX Pro and Merge to HDR Pro in CS5

LR3 doesn't edit in HDR EFEX Pro and Merge to HDR Pro in CS5

Hello,

hope somebody can help as I am really frustrated. I started to get around with HDR and trying to set up my workflow.

When I select my bracketed pictures in LR3 and right click on edit in>HDR Efex Pro, HDR Efex Pro starts but the main screen stays empty.

The same problem with right click edit in>merge to HDR pro in photoshop, it starts my PS CS5 but the screen stays empty. No picture to see.

Does anybody have an idea? I am running LR3 and CS5 in 64 bit on on MacOSX 10.7.2. All my pictures are saved in dng.

Thanks

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    Hi Erol, are you updated to 3.6?
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Experience
    Intermediate
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.7.x Lion
    Memory
    4gb
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    I have the exact same problem as Erol - I am using v3.6 (and RAW frames rather than dng). The only workflow that works for me at present is to export the photos from Lightroom into a folder on disc, then use open exposure series in HDR Efex. Would be very glad if anyone can advise how this could work directly from Lightroom to HDR Efex...

Many thanks,

KatyMac

Experience
    Intermediate
    Primary OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    8gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    AMD Radeon HD 6700
    LR Version
    Camera
    Sony
    File Format
    Raw+Jpeg
    Printer
    Offsite Photo Lab
    I am not sure this is what you mean, but to use NIK HDR EFX Pro from within Lightroom select the pics you wish to use, go to File/Export with Preset/HDR EFX Pro. Then HDR EFX Pro will open. Is that what you mean? You don't access it from the "Edit In" command.

Lightroom Guru
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    LR Version
    Camera
    Nikon D800E/D810
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    Canon
    I've only used HDR EFX as a trial but IIRC, the preset approach outlined by pdxrjt is the method developed by the makers of HDR EFX for integrating into LR.

@ Victoria: Yes I am updated to 3.6 and Camera Raw 6.6
    @ Katy: This is exactly what I am doing
    @ pdxrjt: I am surprised. This really works. Using "Export" instead of "Edit in" works perfectly. But don't understand why HDR EFEX is available in the "Edit In" menu as well?

Happy to say that my problem with HDR EFEX Pro is solved however the PS CS5 problem is still there. Unfortunately there is no command "Merge to HDR Pro in Photoshop" in the "Export" menu, only in the "Edit In" menu and this still opens PS but without doing anything.

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Erol View Post
    Using "Export" instead of "Edit in" works perfectly. But don't understand why HDR EFEX is available in the "Edit In" menu as well?
    I just checked Nik's instructions, and they say to use Export too. You might have created it as an External Editor at some stage - or they might have installed an External Editor preset I guess.

Can you see the other Photoshop options in the Edit in menu? And do you have multiple photos selected?
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Experience
    Intermediate
    Primary OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    8gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    AMD Radeon HD 6700
    LR Version
    Camera
    Sony
    File Format
    Raw+Jpeg
    Printer
    Offsite Photo Lab
    Just one of those screwy things I guess. If I don't use HDR EFX Pro for sometime, I always think...."How do I do that again?"