Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x
    Memory
    4gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version

'effects' missing in develop module - LR 3.3

Hi all,

After migrating to a new MacBookPro the 'effects' option (vignette, grain) is missing from the develop module. I have reinstalled Lightroom 3, but to no effect. (using Lightroom 3.3 on a 2011, 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2 GHz Intel core i7)

On my old MacBookPro I can see the 'effects' option in the develop module, but not on the new one. How can this be? (same program: LR 3.3, same install disk, same license nr..........)

Should I do a complete reinstall, i.e. remove everything related to Lightroom?
    So far I have just again ran the installation program from the CD that I bought.

I have quite some external editors and plugins installed, so rather not have to reinstall everything. Also I want to keep my catalog.

Thanks, Michael

Lightroom Queen / Owner
    Experience
    Power User
    Primary OS
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Memory
    16gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    nVidia
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    None
    Hi Michael, welcome to the forum!

Right click on one of the other panels such as Lens Corrections - make sure you click on the grey area just to the left of the panel name - and you'll get a context-sensitive menu where you can turn the Effects panel back on. You've just hidden it, easily done.
    Victoria

Lots of questions? Adobe Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ Book available now - PDF, ePub, Kindle & Paperback Discount code: LRF2011

Website: Lightroom Queen Blog - Follow me on Twitter as @LightroomQueen - Find me on Facebook

Experience
    Advanced
    Primary OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Memory
    12gb
    CPU Cores
    Video Card
    ATI
    LR Version
    Camera
    Canon
    File Format
    Raw
    Printer
    HP
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Should be no need to reinstall, you've probably just got the 'Effects' pane disabled. Right-click on any of the other pane headers and you should see a list of all the available panes in the right-hand panel....these can all be individually 'checked'. So I'm guessing that 'Effects' isn't checked, in which case simply click it and it should appear.

Get back to us if that's not the fix.
    Jim

Desktop: i7-930, 12gb RAM, 2 x SDD, 3 x Internal HDD, Win7 Pro 64bit
    Cameras: 5D MkIII, 7D

Primary OS
    Mac 10.6.x
    Memory
    4gb
    CPU Cores
    LR Version
    Thanks, that was it, indeed!

Just after posting my thread I discovered it myself. I have no idea how it got disabled, but now the 'effects' pane is back.

Problem solved!