PDA

View Full Version : DNG;s not editing in Photoshop

one more picture
22 Jun 2009, 12:29 pm
Ok this has just started to happen, but I have recently shot 4'' images on my 35'd, the CR2s are fine, open in photoshop directly into Camera Raw 5.4 not an issue.

I import the same CR2 into Lightroom 2.3 (camera Raw engine 5.3), convert to DNG and apply my usual metadata preset - and now I have the issue.
I cannot 'Edit in Photoshop' - Photoshop will load, but the file will not be transferred over. There is no loading, no warning, no menu at all.
I CAN setup an Additional External Editor to load photoshop and set a PSD file format. This is the only way to edit the DNG in photoshop. I cannot 'Load as Layers' or any other option.

I have this evening tested this, loaded the CR2 in lightroom without DNG -edit in photoshop fine, Re-convered the DNG, still an issue.

In the process of testing I did upgrade to Raw 5.4 RC from adobe - and my previous Raw DNG all work fine - it's just this shoot and the DNG conversion???

Am I missing something soo simple?

EDIT : since doing more testing I really coudnt figure this out as my older DNG's are working fine... but now I have found it :
Recently I started putting in more detailed Captions in the metadata. I found that to start a new line in the Lightroom Capton field I press CTRL + RETURN to start a new line. This is what is causing the problem, for some reason my preset metadata had this and these DNG's are unable to be edited directly into Photoshop.
Have now decided not to make things look neater in the captions!!

Brad Snyder
22 Jun 2009, 4:05 pm
One More, welcome. Glad you found your solution, and thanks for posting it back.

This is the second time I've seen this particular bug mentioned. It's likely that Adobe's aware of it, but might be worth filing an official Bug Report via the link on the menu bar at the top of the thread.

amooz
26 Jun 2010, 2:42 pm
I'm having exactly the same issue now in LR3/PS5, but with all file types. JPG, JPEG, or NEF it will open Photoshop but it won't open the image in photoshop. I don't have any captions, and I've tried stripping out all the metadata adjustments I was making. Ideas?

amooz
26 Jun 2010, 5:45 pm
I've posed this question in the 'official' lightroom thread, here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/668493

eric77
10 May 2011, 12:15 pm
I'm running LR 3.3 and PS CS5. When I try to 'edit in PS' then PS opens, but nothing ever loads. I've reinstalled PS and LR multiple times. This really, really, really degrades the functionality of the applications for me. Yes, I've edited the registry also. :( This is really a pain in the arse.

Victoria Bampton
11 May 2011, 2:57 am
Hi eric, welcome to the forum! Does it happen with all file types, and you have tried updating to 3.4 too?

Kiwigeoff
11 May 2011, 4:16 am
And is CS5 up to date??