PDA

View Full Version : INDEX NUMBERS

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 1:48 pm
I am fine tuning a large library and going from start to finish keywording each shot

I knowI have a ton of duplicates with some having different file names

It would be useful to return where I last finished using all photos in the library grid.

Each image has an index number provided by LR. If I record where I last edited, how can I use this number to go directly to the image?

Henry

dj_paige
28 Dec 2009, 2:04 pm
As far as I know, there is no search by Index Number or "Go To" Index Number. You would have to scroll to find the index number of interest.

Better, in my opinion, is to write down the keywords. You could search for keywords, so if you are looking for duplicates of the gorillas at the Buffalo Zoo (that's the first example that came to mind), you would filter for only photos containing gorillas and containing the Buffalo Zoo tag, and then eliminate the duplicates from the results.

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 2:15 pm
Thanks Paige

That's the problem...1'''s of images without key words!

Brad Snyder
28 Dec 2009, 3:17 pm
I use the purple color label for that sole purpose, to identify the last image I worked on, sort of a 'bookmark'.

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 3:45 pm
brilliant

Kiwigeoff
28 Dec 2009, 3:57 pm
Sort by Capture Time should group duplicates.

johnbeardy
28 Dec 2009, 3:58 pm
Or have a smart collection 'Edited in last day'.

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 4:27 pm
Using the purple color marker, do you still have to scan the "all images" screen to find the purple one...or is there a way to locate the purple one and then open the all image with it highlighted on the screen

My first try with this system only produced the purple image and when I went back to all images LR went to the beginning of the folder

RikkFlohr
28 Dec 2009, 4:35 pm
You should be able to filter for purple on the filmstrip filter, select the image by clicking it, turn off the filter, and press the right or left arrow key to take you immediately to the next or previous image.

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 6:04 pm
STill cannot find a way to return to last edit

sizzlingbadger
28 Dec 2009, 6:06 pm
pencil and paper ??

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 6:07 pm
Hi

I can remember the index number

It's a process every yime to go back to it

Would be much easier of LR had the facility to go to an index number

clee01l
28 Dec 2009, 6:34 pm
I use the purple color label for that sole purpose, to identify the last image I worked on, sort of a 'bookmark'.
I work on keywording my images in 'date shot' batches. Originally all my images did not have keywords were assigned a keyword of **internal>@2BWorked and those that have finished getting keywords are reassigned to **internal>@@KeywordComplete. My current working set is labeled Purple. And I work on these as time permits. I started in June and have 5546 to go out of 23K. It is easy to pick up my selecting the **internal>@2BWorked and starting with the oldest Date Shot

clee01l
28 Dec 2009, 6:44 pm
Hi

LR operates using a relational database. each image has a unique key value not necessarily numeric. I suspect that it is based upon image file name, capture date timestamp and path Everything related to that image is stored with that key in different tables. The capture date timestamp is as close as you will get to a unique index number. It however is not a value that you can probably easily recall.

Brad Snyder
28 Dec 2009, 9:55 pm
I dunno, I can't get it to not work. Find the purple, turn off the filter and there it is. In a folder, a smart collection or the All Photos Collection. In grid or loupe or develop. I have on occasion had to do as Rikk suggests, if the filmstrip gets positioned wrong, a single right arrow click before doing anything else will position the filmstrip on the photo after the purple.

sizzlingbadger
28 Dec 2009, 10:15 pm
Hi

sorry... just my warped sense of humour kicking in :icon_twisted:

MarkNicholas
28 Dec 2009, 10:40 pm
STill cannot find a way to return to last edit

Set up a smart collection "edited in last....hours". Amend how far to go back to home in the last photos you worked on. I do this all the time. Its very quick and gets you right there.

zedman
28 Dec 2009, 11:39 pm
thx