PDA

View Full Version : unwanted keywords added during export

Biker
21 Jun 2009, 5:56 pm
I'm sure there is a simple fix but I can't find it.

Lightroom 2.3 is adding a couple of unwanted keywords to my photos everytime I export. I can't find anything in the Presets. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks for your help.

Robert T Higaki
21 Jun 2009, 6:29 pm
Doug,

When I export to Smugmug, I do see an option to add keywords to be sent with exported images. Is that a possibility???

Bob- the slide shooter at heart

Biker
21 Jun 2009, 6:58 pm
It may be but I don't see an option to add keywords in the Export window. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks.

RikkFlohr
21 Jun 2009, 7:09 pm
Are you exporting to a file on your local machine or using export, via a plug-in, to post a file somewhere?

Robert T Higaki
21 Jun 2009, 7:15 pm
Doug,

Let's back track a bit here. Where are you exporting your images to ?

Biker
21 Jun 2009, 7:21 pm
I am exporting to another file on the same computer without any plug-ins

Robert T Higaki
21 Jun 2009, 7:35 pm
Hi Doug,

You are right- there is no option to add keywords on that particular window.

The only other place I can think of at this moment is drop down menu. Click on photo> set keywords
> add keywords

RikkFlohr
21 Jun 2009, 7:38 pm
If I understand, when you view the keywords, prior to exporting, they are missing? Where are you viewing the pre-export keywords. When you export them, new keywords appear. Where are you viewing the post-export keywords?

Biker
21 Jun 2009, 7:48 pm
In the Library Module, I am viewing the desired keyword tags in the keywording section. The unwanted keywords are not in the list.

I then select the desired photos and choose export.
Next, I go to that file and choose "synchronize folder" to actually import the photos.

When I view the keyword tags for the imported photos in the same keywording section, the unwanted keywords have now been added.

RikkFlohr
21 Jun 2009, 7:52 pm
Check your import dialog. I am guessing you either are applying a preset on import or have the keywords hard coded in the import dialog. When you synchronize, it uses your last imported settings.
Look at the section on Import called Information to Apply.
Check the Metadata preset for keywords and the Keywords section.

I am betting that's where they come from.

Robert T Higaki
21 Jun 2009, 8:02 pm
Another question: is LR is adding keywords which are already exist on your keyword list in the library mode? ( right hand side)

Biker
21 Jun 2009, 8:15 pm
Keywords is not checked in the Presets.

How do I get to the Information to Apply section?

Biker
21 Jun 2009, 8:18 pm
I found it and you were right ....that's where the keywords were being added.

THANK YOU.

Robert T Higaki
21 Jun 2009, 9:04 pm
You are welcome!

Brad Snyder
21 Jun 2009, 9:05 pm
Nice call Rikk.

Doug, just FYI, that's why it's often vital to describe the whole work flow. There's really nothing that can add keywords at export time. In your first post you omitted the 're-import' step, which is the most likely place for this problem to occur. Not faulting you, just illustrating the point for subsequent readers.

I'd add, if you think you'll be participating frequently, it's helpful to readers and contributors alike, if you build a signature block with pertinent computer and software specs. Camera and personal stuff too if you like. Click 'User CP' at top right of forum.