PDA

View Full Version : Windows7 RC1

patrickt
5 May 2009, 12:52 pm
I'm having trouble loading LR2.3 64bit. Has anyone done it successfully? How about 32bit with Windows7 RC1?

I decided to download a new copy and see if that would help but I can't find a 64-bit download.

Victoria Bampton
5 May 2009, 1:08 pm
I've got the 32-bit running as a virtual machine on one of my Macs. Looking pretty good so far.

patrickt
5 May 2009, 8:29 pm
I got it done. It wouldn't install from my CD because there wasn't a Lightroom directory on the drive since it had been formated. I downloaded a new copy and it installed for 64bit automatically.

Victoria Bampton
6 May 2009, 10:49 am
Brilliant, nice job Patrick. How's it working for you? LR2's obviously not certified for W7 yet, so there probably are some nice juicy bugs.

Scott O
6 May 2009, 11:26 am
I really hope to avoid the temptation to upgrade to Win7 for a couple of reasons. I have never had an system upgrade go well dating back to 3.1. Best to just buy a new machine. Second reason is that Vista runs just fine in my experience and I see no reason to tinker with a good thing. But keep posting on the new OS...my mind could always be changed!

GrumpiDad
7 May 2009, 6:47 am
I downloaded the Win7 RC once it was availble and am now using it ful time. At present I have had no problems with it and LR2.3, I also had no problems with the beta version only. But then I may not have the throughput others may have as an amateur. ;)

So far so good as they say, I may have more to say after the weekend when I go out with my camera.

TerryM
8 May 2009, 6:05 pm
I have been playing with LR 2.3 , 64 bit in Win 7 RC1 for the past three days. Seems solid to me. Installed Win 7 as a second partition. I have Win xp Pro on the other partition.

When I tried to point LR to the catalog it did not open. I found I could copy the latest backup and point it there and it works fine. It appears Win XP and Win 7 cannot share the same catalog. But other than that is rocks.

With the Win 7 64 I have 12GB of ram and this really speeds it up.

TerryM
8 May 2009, 7:37 pm
I have just learned why I cannot open the Window XP catalog in Windows 7. It has to do with NTFS protection. I wanted to use the same catalog in both OS. In Windows 7, if you right click on the catalog and "open as administrator", the xp catalog will open in win 7.