PDA

View Full Version : Uploading from LR to Zenfolio

GerryLR
27 Jan 2009, 3:08 pm
Finally getting ready to sign on with a hosting service and build an image presentation page. Zenfolio seens a good choice (unless someone convinces me otherwise!)

I see that Jeffrey Friedel has a LR plug-in that uploads images from LR to Zenfolio.
I’m not sure what the benefits of this app are, or how to use it. Perhaps someone can provide some further info.

Is there a “user page” for novices (aside from Fiedel's webpage) where I can find out more about this?

DonRicklin
27 Jan 2009, 4:15 pm
That's Friedl. No second 'e'. I use SmugMug and Jeffrey's Plugin for there and they have an instruction page on their site. Maybe Zenfolio does too.
Don

Steve Holmes
27 Jan 2009, 10:30 pm
I have a Zenfolio account and use Jeffrey's Zenfolio plugin all the time. It makes it very fast and easy to upload photos to Zenfolio right from within Lightroom. This is much more efficient than using Zenfolio's uploader.

Here's a quick tutorial on how to use it:

1. Select the images you want to upload in the grid in the Library module
2. Choose File-->Export, and then when you are in the export dialog, at the top where is says "Export XX selected photos to:", choose Zenfolio from the list. (other options include Files on Disk, Files on CD/DVD, etc.)
3. The first time you use the plugin, will need to enter your username and password in the first panel in the plugin.
4. Choose where you want the images to go by selecting a gallery in the "Upload Destination" section, or create a new gallery in the "Zenfolio Tools" section.
5. The other settings are optional based on your needs for file name, size, sharpening, etc.

Hope that helps.

-Steve

GerryLR
28 Jan 2009, 12:13 pm
Thanks Steve, just what I wanted.

I suppose that this is more convenient than uploading without the plug-in (not yet sure how this is done) ???

Steve Holmes
28 Jan 2009, 12:25 pm
Great. Glad it helped.

It is much more convenient than uploading to Zenfolio without the plug-in, which would involve exporting the photos out of Lightroom and uploading them through a web browser.