PDA

View Full Version : Importing a 2nd Photoshop Elements Catalog

dj_paige
21 Nov 2008, 8:14 pm
Okay Lightroom Gurus ...

On my old computer (Windows XP), I had several Photoshop Elements 5 catalogs, one of which was my main catalog, and the others were photos I hardly ever used. I imported the main catalog into Lightroom 2 just fine and have been running with it ever since.

Then, my old computer crapped out, I bought a new Windows Vista 64 computer, installed Lightroom 2.1, transferred the Lightroom catalog and continued along just fine.

But now, on my new computer, I want to import one of the other Photoshop Elements 5 catalogs (which still exists and still runs in PSE5 on the Vista 64 computer), but the command in Lightroom to do the import seems to have disappeared! I can't find it! Where did it go and how can I get it back? Is this a Vista 64 or Lightroom 2.1 issue (or is it me)?

Kiwigeoff
23 Nov 2008, 12:01 am
I'll push this up for you Paige !!
I have no idea of Elements os Windows !!

Victoria Bampton
23 Nov 2008, 3:55 pm
So is PSE installed on the computer that you want to use to upgrade it?

dj_paige
23 Nov 2008, 4:10 pm
So is PSE installed on the computer that you want to use to upgrade it?

PSE5 and Lightroom both are installed and working properly on my new Vista 64 computer ... except that the Lightroom command that allows me to convert a PSE catalog seems to have disappeared! It's not in the File menu. And it was there on my old Windows XP computer.

Furthermore, Lightroom knows I have PSE on my computer because it allows me to use PSE as my external editor. Using PSE as Lightroom's external editor works properly!

dj_paige
23 Nov 2008, 5:49 pm
I am now convinced that this is a Lightroom 2.1/Vista 64 (or maybe all Vista versions) bug. How do I report a bug?

The reason I am convinced this is a bug is that on my computer, I currently have a dual boot, usually I run Vista 64, but to log into my work computer network, I can only use Windows XP. So, I fired up the Windows XP version, installed Photoshop Elements 5, Installed Lightroom 2.1, and then I was able to convert several PSE5 catalogs to Lightroom Catalogs. The command under the file menu to import a Photoshop Elements Catalog is there, and stays there even after I convert several catalogs.

Anyway, the problem is now solved the hard way. Each of my former PSE catalogs now is converted and works fine under either Lightroom 2.1/Vista 64 or Lightroom 2.1/Windows XP.

Brad Snyder
23 Nov 2008, 8:03 pm
Paige, the Adobe bug report/feature request (yes, they're both on the same form :) ), is reachable from the link on the toolbar at the top of the forum.

dj_paige
23 Nov 2008, 9:08 pm
Thanks! I have reported this problem as a bug.